Prince Harry spoke out through a spokesperson on Wednesday to fire back at reports that he’s planning to release his second book after the eventual death of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth, 95.

The spokesperson claimed to US Weekly that the allegations made by Daily Mail that Harry had agreed to a “lucrative four-book deal — with the second due out only after the Queen has died” are inaccurate. While Harry does indeed have a multi-book deal, none of the books are contingent on the Queen passing away.

Harry announced earlier this month that he is writing a memoir that will come out in late 2022.

“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become,” Harry said in a statement. “I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”

“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful,” he added.

Harry has teamed up on this memoir with the publisher Penguin Random House.

“Prince Harry will offer an honest and captivating personal portrait, one that shows readers that behind everything they think they know lies an inspiring, courageous, and uplifting human story,” the publisher said of the book.

Given the fact that Harry has criticized the royal family repeatedly over the past year, they have reason to be very worried about this book.

“The royal family is shaken up about the book,” a source said earlier in the month, adding that Prince Charles and Prince William are “particularly concerned about what Harry will reveal.”

Royal expert Nick Bullen said last week that the timing of the book’s release is controversial, as it’s the same year that the Queen is celebrating her Platinum Jubilee of 70 years on the throne.

“I think here in Britain, the announcement of this book has undoubtedly sent shockwaves around the place, both at the highest levels of society and just with the average amount on the streets,” Bullen said, adding that it “upset” people that Harry is choosing to release the book next year. He also said that many find the timing of the book to be “disrespectful” to the Queen.

Recommended
Join the Discussion

COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!