Earlier this week, we reported that fans of “Dancing With The Stars” were feeling very excited after former host Tom Bergeron took to social media to write a cryptic post that indicated to many that he could be coming back to the show.

Now, however, he’s disappointed fans by revealing once and for all that he will not be hosting “Dancing With The Stars” again.

“I thought I would let you go into the weekend with some more information, some of which may disappoint some of you. I am returning to hosting — that is the part I hope doesn’t disappoint some of you,” Bergeron, 65, said on Friday in a video posted to Twitter. “It’s not going to be a show that I previously hosted, however, it’s very reminiscent of a show I previously hosted.”

Fans had speculated that Bergeron may be returning to the ABC show after he posted something cryptic to Instagram earlier in the week.

“Stay tuned … 😏,” Bergeron wrote alongside a quote from The Godfather: Part III that read, “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Tom Bergeron (@tombergeron)

Bergeron’s followers immediately freaked out over the post, and he gave them a brief video update hours later.

“I have to say, your response to my admittedly cryptic [post] has been very flattering, very heartwarming,” he said in the video. “I promise I will let you know what I’m really talking about by next week at the latest.”

Bergeron went on to tell fans of “Dancing With The Stars” to have “a little bit of patience” as they anticipate his big announcement.

“It’ll be worth it,” he pledged.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Tom Bergeron (@tombergeron)

Bergeron had hosted “Dancing With The Stars” ever since it premiered back in 2005 before he was fired in July of last year, much to the surprise and horror of fans. He and his cohost Erin Andrews were replaced by the supermodel Tyra Banks, who also signed on as executive producer of the ABC reality television show.

Bergeron said afterwards that he will never be going back to “Dancing With The Stars.””When people say, ‘I’m not gonna watch until you’re back,’ I say, ‘Well, there’s really no ‘until’ here,'” Bergeron explained, according to Entertainment Tonight. “This train has left the station.”

“I appreciate the sentiment,” he added. “[But] I don’t hold it against anybody if they [watch].”

Recommended
Join the Discussion

COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!