‘Dancing With The Stars’ Fires Tom Bergeron – Reveals His Replacement

Fans of “Dancing With The Stars” were shocked this week when longtime host Tom Bergeron revealed that he had been fired by the ABC reality television competition. Now, his replacement has been revealed.

Bergeron took to Twitter on Monday night to reveal that ABC had fired him despite the fact that he had hosted “DWTS” since it premiered back in 2005.

“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me,” Bergeron tweeted. “It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?”

On Wednesday, it was announced on “Good Morning America” that Bergeron and his cohost Erin Andrews will be replaced by supermodel Tyra Banks, who previously hosted “America’s Got Talent” and “America’s Next Top Model.” Banks will also be taking on the role of executive producer of the popular competition show.

“I am excited about hosting and executive producing — getting in there, live TV, you never know what happens on live TV,” Banks said, going on to celebrate being the first black female host of the show.

“I like breaking these doors down so that we don’t have any more firsts, but it’s nice to be first so that you can open that door and let so many people in after you,” the former supermodel continued. “I’m used to the model [firsts], but today’s the first time I’m hearing this first Dancing with the Stars black woman, I never even thought of that.”

Banks, 46, seemed eager to take the show in a new direction as producer as well.

“Let’s just keep this real, it’s gonna be so next level,” Banks revealed. “We’re doing all this crazy stuff, taking it to the next level, but still keeping the stuff America loves. But you need to get ready because it’s gonna be different.”

ABC confirmed in a statement on Monday that both Bergeron and Andrews had been fired.

“Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the Dancing with the Stars family,” the network said, according to People magazine. “As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success.”

“Erin will also not be returning, and we appreciate all that she brought to the ballroom,” ABC added. “Fans have been rooting for her since she originally competed as a contestant back in 2010, and her signature sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show.”

Comments

COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!