Chilling Moment Texas Cheerleader Is Bitten by Copperhead Snake
The teenager was immediately rushed to the hospital, and it wasn't until she got there that she realized she had captured the snake biting her on video ...
A chilling video is going viral this week showing the moment a Texas cheerleader was bit by a copperhead snake.
Paris Montgomery was preparing to practice her cheerleading moves last week in the backyard of her family’s home in Huffman when she suddenly felt a major pain in her foot.
“I was about to go tumble on my trampoline, and I always video myself tumbling, and I was just videoing, and then I was taking my shoes off, and I stepped on a snake and it bit me,” Paris recounted to Fox 26 Houston.
At first, Paris said she had no idea what had happened.
“I was trying to just walk it off, and then I started limping to my mom, and it started swelling up getting worse and then I couldn’t even touch it, so it just got worse really quick,” states Paris.
“When she first came to me, she said, ‘Mom, I think something was in my shoe, or I got poked by a stick’, and so I didn’t really think it was that urgent until it started swelling,” recalled her mother, Tracy Montgomery. “Then I thought maybe a bee stung on her, so I went and got some baking soda and put on it, and it kept getting worse, then wondered if maybe it was a poisonous spider, because I thought it was something in her shoe, because all she remembered was taking her shoe off and it hurting.”
The teenager was immediately rushed to the hospital, and it wasn’t until she got there that she realized she had captured the snake biting her on video.
“On the way to the emergency room was the worst I think. It felt just like stinging going through my foot and leg,” said Paris.
“When we were trying to tell the doctor what happened, she said, ‘I have it on video’ and that’s when we zoomed it in and saw it was a snakebite,” said Tracy Montgomery, Paris’ mother. “Even when she saw it, she said, ‘There’s no way a snake bit me and I didn’t know it,’ and I’m like, ‘It’s on video.’”
The harrowing footage shows Paris taking off her sneakers as she stood next to her trampoline. The copperhead snake can then be seen lunging at the teenager and biting her foot.
“I can’t believe that,” Paris said.
Thankfully, Paris has since made a full recovery after receiving four doses of antivenin through an IV at the hospital.