Nevada Dentist Set 5-year-old Girl’s Mouth On Fire

And some people wonder why kids are terrified of the dentist ...

There is a reason kids are terrified of the dentist — its all fun and games until your mouth is set on fire…

Last week, the parents of a five-year-old girl say a Las Vegas dentist set their daughter’s mouth on fire as she underwent a routine dental procedure.

The parents have since filed a lawsuit in state district court against Deep Karan Dhillon for injuries the girl suffered, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

According to court documents, Dhillon used a tool known as a diamond bur to smooth the girl’s teeth while she was under anesthetics. But the lawsuit says the procedure emitted a spark that “caused the throat pack in (the girl’s) mouth to ignite and produce a fire” that lasted one or two seconds.

The lawsuit says the girl was rushed to University Medical Center, where she was hospitalized for four days with burns to her palate and lower lip.

The complaint alleges that the girl suffered burns to her epiglottis, throat, tongue, mouth, lips “and other surrounding areas,” according to the complaint. Some of the injuries “may be permanent and disabling,” it said.

The family is seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

Comments

COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!