Extremely Rare Blue Bananas Taste Exactly Like Vanilla Ice Cream
Nature is full of wondrous things, and just when we’ve seen it all, we find something new that leaves us totally surprised. That’s exactly what happened when we came upon these rare blue Java bananas, which taste exactly like vanilla ice cream!
In fact, many people refer to these as Ice Cream bananas because of their ice cream-like consistency and taste. Underripe Java bananas have blue skin, and they end up turning yellow when they ripen, with their snowy white flesh tasting like vanilla ice cream. People in different cultures have different names for the fruit. In Fiji, they are referred to as the Hawaiian banana, while Filipinos call it Krie. Meanwhile, the locals in Central America call the banana Cenizo.
The bananas can survive in cold weather and they grow naturally in South Asia. Though they taste like ice cream, the blue java bananas are actually extremely healthy, as they are a good source of potassium and other minerals. A 100-gram serving of the banana contains 0.3 fat, 22.8 g of carbohydrates and 89 calories.
On top of that, you can use the leaves of the plant to wrap a casserole. Finally, it can also be used as aluminum foil, and can be used to boil, fry, roast, and freeze food.
If you want to grow blue Java bananas yourself, here are some tips to do so:
- Provide enough sunlight, and place them in areas that get enough rain.
- You will need to water the bananas daily and give them enough space, as the plantation grows up to 20 feet.
- You must apply NPK fertilizer (3:1:6) once a month.
- Clip off shoots so that the plant can get enough strength and nutrients to bear the fruits.
- You can grow blue Java bananas from a small plant in only nine months.
Find out more about the Blue Java Banana in the video below.