You Don’t Want to Miss These Amazing Microwave Hacks
I don’t know about you, but I think having a microwave is a necessity. They can cut your cook time down and make many tasks a lot easier than they’d be without one.
So if you like to use your microwave regularly, you might be surprised at some of the things you can do with these useful appliances. Check out the list of microwave hacks below and give them a try.
1. DIY Jam – To try your hand at making your own jam, simply mash up a cup of your favorite berries, add 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice. Mix it together and microwave for 10 minutes and you’ll have your very own homemade jam.
2. Bacon Patty – To make a bacon patty just the right size for a sandwich, cut your strips of bacon in half and lay them on a paper towel. Weave the strips together so they form a patty shape. Place another paper towel on top and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Let it cool a bit before picking it up.
3. Soften Stale Bread – Don’t give up on your bread if it’s a bit stale. Instead, wrap it in a damp paper towel and throw it in the microwave for a minute. It will soften right up.
4. Fast Scrambled Eggs – Now you don’t have to wait on a frying pan, just mix up the eggs in a microwave safe mug, add in a bit of milk, salt, or other seasonings, and heat for 90 seconds.
5. Steam Veggies – Simply cut up your favorite veggies, put them in a bowl, pour 1/2 cup of water in the bowl and 1 Tbsp of soy sauce. Cover it with a plate and microwave for three minutes.
6. Froth Milk – Fill a jar halfway with milk, screw the lid on and shake it up good. Remove the lid and microwave the milk for about 30 seconds. It should be foamy and perfect to put on a glass of coffee.
7. Dulce de Leche- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl, put that bowl inside a bigger bowl that is also microwave safe. Fill the outer bowl full of water then set the two bowls inside the microwave and cook for 8 minutes.
8. DIY Potato Chips – Slice potatoes 1/8th inch thick, lay them flat on a plate and microwave for three minutes at a time. Cook until they are your desired crispness and season as desired.
9. Peel Tomatoes – Simply cut a small x in the bottom of the tomato, microwave for 30 seconds, and you’ll be able to peel the skin off the tomato with ease.
10. Juice a Lemon – The next time you need to squeeze a lemon or lime microwave it for 10-20 seconds first. It will make the fruit softer and easier to squeeze.
11. Peel Garlic – Peeling garlic can be a pain. Instead of fighting with the little pieces, cut a piece of garlic across the bottom and place the whole thing in the microwave for 20 seconds. The individual cloves will pop right out.
12. Dry Basil – Fresh basil doesn’t stay good long, so dry your basil in your microwave. Cut the leaves into tiny pieces, place them in a microwave bowl and microwave for one minute. Your basil will be dry and ready to store. This works well with other herbs too.
13. Hard Taco Shell – To make a perfectly formed hard shell, fold a tortilla inside a microwave safe cup and heat it for 60 seconds. Your shell will be perfect and ready to fill.
14. Restore Crystallized Honey – Over time honey can become crystallized. To bring it back to life, heat it in an uncovered container on low for two minutes. You can now pour your honey on anything you want.
15. Mug Cake – To make yourself a single serve cake, combine 4 Tbsp of flour, 4 Tbsp of brown sugar, 4 Tbsp cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, 4 Tbsp of coconut oil, 4 Tbsp of water, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips in a microwave safe mug. Cook for one minute and enjoy!
If you found these tips handy too, be sure to share them with your family and friends.