Here’s How You Can Grow Garlic At Home
Garlic is one of the most popular foods in the world because it is healthy and can be paired with a wide variety of foods. Growing your own garlic can be ridiculously easy, fun and rewarding.
Garlic is so healthy because it is packed with manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and a ton of selenium, calcium and potassium. It can also strengthen your immune system, with experts saying that eating garlic daily can decrease your risk of getting sick by up to 63%.
On top of that, eating garlic regularly can reduce your risk for heart disease and help your body process cholesterol more efficiently.
If you want to grow garlic at home, all you need to do is follow these five easy steps:
- Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
- Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
- When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
- Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
- Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!
It really is that simple! If you are looking for a way to make your diet healthier, perhaps growing your own garlic at home will be a good start.
SHARE this story so your friends and family can see this as well!