There’s one holiday tradition from days gone by that is making a comeback this year. It is a sight that we likely saw at our grandma’s house when we were growing up. Mine had one and now my mom has inherited it.
If I’m lucky, some day it will be mine, especially now that they are coming back into style. What am I talking about? The adorable little ceramic Christmas trees!
These little trees came in a variety of colors and were decorated with tiny little sparkling lights that would light up a room when the tree was plugged in.
Not all of us are lucky enough to still have one being handed down in our family, and even if you do, maybe you don’t want to wait until it gets to you. If that’s the case, you’re in luck. They’re coming back and there are several places that you can get one for yourself this year.
1. Target – These trees are just over 14 inches tall and can be purchased in either a green or white version. They come with multi-colored lights and are donned with a star at the top. They are priced at $30 each.
2. Urban Outfitters – This tree will look beautiful sitting on your mantel, plus it comes with an on/off switch so you don’t have to mess with plugging it into the outlet every night. It retails for $69 and is just 17 inches tall.
3. Pier 1 – This little ceramic decoration is an updated version of the classic and can be found at Pier 1. It is a bit smaller than the others at just 10 inches tall and is made to look like the tree is covered in snow. It’s slightly a different shape and is covered in clear lights which means that it still gives off that beautiful warm glow that you’ve come to know and love.
4. Amazon – These beautiful little tree also has a simple on/off switch making it hassle free to set aglow each night. It is the perfect size to sit on your desk, countertop, or fireplace mantel and can be found on Amazon for $39.99 each.
5. Etsy – If you want a genuine piece of the past and not just a replica, take your search to Etsy. There you can find plenty of the classics just like this little 7 inch tree that is a throwback from the 1970s. It is on sell for just $25.
If you are as excited about this vintage comeback as I am, be sure to share this story with your family and friends. These beautiful little decorations would make a perfect Christmas gift for someone on your list too!