Anyone who is old enough to remember him knows that Red Skelton was one of the most gifted comedians of the 20th century. Unlike many of today’s comedians, Red’s humor was always clean, yet he was still able to make millions of people laugh.
This week, Red’s thirteen step recipe for a perfect marriage surfaced, and it could not be more hilarious! Scroll through his recipe and have a good laugh as you are reminded of how brilliant this comedian really was!
Red Skelton’s 13 Rules For A Perfect Marriage:
1. Two times a week we go to a nice restaurant, have a little beverage, good food and companionship. She goes on Tuesdays; I go on Fridays.
2. We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California, and mine is in Texas.
3. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. She said… ‘Somewhere I haven’t been in a long time!’ So I suggested the kitchen.
5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster and electric bread maker. She said ‘There are too many gadgets, and no place to sit down!’ So I bought her an electric chair.
7. My wife told me the car wasn’t running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was. She told me, ‘In the lake.’
8. She got a mud-pack, and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, ‘Am I too late for the garbage?’ The driver said, ‘No, jump in!’
10. Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.
11. I married Miss Right. I just didn’t know her first name was Always.
12. I haven’t spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don’t like to interrupt her.
13. The last fight was my fault though. My wife asked, ‘What’s on the TV?’ I said, ‘Dust!’
LOL! Can’t you just hear Red saying this himself?! They really don’t make comedians like him anymore!
SHARE this story so your friends and family can see this as well!