Regardless of our age and gender, all of us would love to have toned arms. With summer approaching, sleeveless shirts and tank tops are a staple so why not learn some amazing exercises to tone up your arms.
We have compiled five exercises that are sure to help you get rid of that pesky arm fat in no time! Scroll through these and see which ones are right for you to try out:
- Bicep curl – Bodybuilding.com states that in order to do this exercise, you should “stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length. Keep your elbows close to your torso and rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. This will be your starting position.” Though you can do this exercise with a barbell or some dumbbells, it is best to do it with a cable machine. Squeeze the handles hard and contract the bicep muscle in that particular range of motion which is forced by the cables.
- Pushup – This exercise is great because it engages the entire upper body. Exercise.com states that “the incline barbell push-up is a calisthenics exercise that primarily targets the chest. The only incline barbell push-up equipment that you really need is the following: barbell. There are however many different incline barbell push-up variations that you can try out that may require different types of incline barbell push-up equipment or may even require no equipment at all.” The best way to do this exercise involves putting a barbell on a squat rack and putting your arms out in a push-up position. Once you have done this, press yourself towards the bar until it reaches near your upper chest.
- Standing dumbbell kickback – This exercise can add some huge muscles to your triceps! Muscleandperformance.com says that “one of the most common ways to perform the triceps kickback is with a dumbbell in one hand, and the same side elbow pinned to your side. Your upper body is just above parallel to the floor with your knees bent.” The best way to do this exercise involves standing with the dumbbell above your head and your body tight. Press the weight straight up in the air as you keep your elbows locked.
- Kettlebell row – This is the perfect exercise to work out your arms and back. Bodybuilding.com states that you should “place a kettlebell in front of your feet. Bend your knees slightly and then push your butt out as much as possible as you bend over to get in the starting position. Grab the kettlebell and pull it to your stomach, retracting your shoulder blade and flexing the elbow. Keep your back straight. Lower and repeat.”
- Kettlebell swing – Onnit.com says, “[the kettlebell] will allow you to loosen your tight hips and strengthen your butt so that you’ll develop the rear end of an athlete. It will bulletproof your lower back by creating an armored brace around your midsection, and it will get rid of that paunchy gut. And the kettlebell swing will force you to use all the muscles in your upper back, thus opening up your chest and forcing you out of the slouchy shoulder look that screams insecurity.” Set your feet shoulder-width apart and as you begin the descent of the body squat, swing the kettlebell up from between your legs. Try to do two sets of 12 to 15 reps, and make sure you maintain control of the kettlebell the entire time.
Which of these exercises was your favorite? Let us know in the comments section, and SHARE this story so your friends and family can see this as well!